Definitions and Interpretations
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Curve Royalty Systems Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation.
GDPR - the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Curve Royalty Systems Limited, we or us - Curve Royalty Systems Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10121597 whose registered office is at 7 Bell Yard, London, WC2A 2JR.
UK & EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018.
User or you - any third party that accesses the Website or Application and is not either (i) employed by Curve Royalty Systems Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Curve Royalty Systems Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Website - the website that you are currently using, https://www.curveroyaltysystems.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Application - the application hosted at https://app.curveroyaltysystems.com and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Curve Royalty Systems Limited is the "data controller". This means that Curve Royalty Systems Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you -
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
d. IP address (automatically collected);
e. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
f. operating system (automatically collected);
g. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways -
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.Data that is given to us by you
7. Curve Royalty Systems Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example -
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
8. Curve Royalty Systems Limited will receive Data about you from the following third parties -
a. Labels and Publishers using the system, entering in their client information for use within the Application for the purpose of processing royalties and payments.
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example -
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons -
a. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to allow the third party providers to provide a service in relation to the royalty services provided by The Company;
b. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website and Application - to enable third party payment providers to process user and royalty payments;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example -
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or
both) in your browser when we use this technology.
15. We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
19. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the following rights in relation to your Data -
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
23. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
originally supplied to us.
26. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
27. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
29. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
30. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Curve Royalty Systems Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
31. This Website may place the following Cookies -
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website and Application. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Application
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the wayour website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences(for example, your choice of language or region). By using the Website, you agree to our placement of functionality cookie
32. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
33. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please see the help menu in your internet browser. You can switch off Cookies at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
34. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
35. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
36. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
39. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
40. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Changes to this Policy
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Description of Cookie
To maintain the user session when using the Curve application
To validate user is a real person and not a bot
To track Users’ use of the website, and their process through the forms
For Website monitoring
For managing any payments through the Website
Managing the security of the Website and users, preventing cross-site requests
Description of Cookie
For syncing with LinkedIn ad IDs and managing languages
To enable Cloudflare Bot Management
To enable Spotify streaming players
Description of Cookie
Google Tag Manager
To track Users’ access to the website
To help optimise website performance
To track Users’ mouse movement on website
To track Users’ actions through the application
To track Users’ use of the website, and their process through the forms
To enable embedding Youtube videos and logging video usage
To enable embedding Vimeo videos and logging video usage